Note: The Connected Health Programme is certifying networking products only at this stage.
The health IT industry will be given advance warning of any future plans to develop new specifications/standards, and will be invited to participate in their development through NZ Health IT.
NZ Health IT is the representative body for working with the industry on the development of Connected Health specifications.
Information for telecommunication service providers or suppliers of networking products
If you are a supplier with a networking product, gaining Connected Health product certification will allow the users of your product to interconnect with the secure Connected Health network, and, therefore, with other health care providers on the network.
The Connected Health network is the network of choice for all sector initiatives that transfer health information, and a requirement for all new initiatives that require approval from the Ministry of Health.
Supplier accreditation and product certification documents
Supplier accreditation (pre-requisite for product certification)
Accreditation Pack, includes:
Marketing Pack, includes:
- Branding Guidelines for Certified Product (PDF, 2.8 MB) (Connected Health and HISO logos)
- Key Message Guide (PDF, 65 KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions – For health care providers (PDF, 680, KB)
- Self-Assessment Checklist – UNI-0 (Word, 104 KB)
- Self-Assessment Checklist – UNI-1 (Word, 112 KB)
- Self-Assessment Checklist – UNI-2 (Word, 105 KB)
- Self-Assessment Checklist – UNI-3 (Word, 109 KB)
- Self-Assessment Checklist – UNI-4 (Word, 106 KB)
- Self-Assessment Checklist – UNI-5 (Word, 106 KB)
- Self-Assessment Checklist – NNI-1 (Word, 158 KB)
- Self-Assessment Checklist – NNI-1a (Word, 152 KB)
- Self-Assessment Checklist – NNI-2 (Word, 159 KB)
If you have any questions about the product certification process or can't access the files, please email Health Network Administration Team.