Te Pae Tata interim New Zealand Health Plan 2022 outlines the first steps to becoming a health service delivery system that better serves all New Zealand’s people and communities. The plan sets out foundational actions for transforming the health system to prioritise the needs and experiences of our whānau and communities, preventing illness and supporting good health and wellbeing for all New Zealanders, no matter who you are and where you live. It also identifies priority actions and groups to begin transformation.
One of the six priority actions in Te Pae Tata is to place whānau at the heart of the system to improve equity and outcomes:
- Implement mechanisms that ensure Te Whatu Ora and Te Aka Whai Ora value the voices of consumers and whānau in all service design and improvements, including Māori, Pacific, Tāngata whaikaha | Disabled people, ethnic and rainbow communities.
- Improve equity and outcomes by implementing service change and innovation in five priority areas:
- Pae ora | Better health in our communities
- Kahu Taurima | Maternity and early years
- Mate pukupuku | People with cancer
- Māuiuitanga taumaha | People living with chronic health conditions
- Oranga hinengaro | People living with mental distress, illness and addictions
- Implement the Pacific health plan priorities.
- Implement the Health of Tāngata whaikaha | Disabled people plan priorities.
This section is designed to help consumers and whānau discover what to expect over the next two years, as we begin to transform our health system.
Pacific communities in New ZealandSupporting Pacific families and communities to stay well and access the care they need more easily, where and when they need it.
Māori healthThe priority actions that Te Whatu Ora will take to 2024 to recognise Te Tiriti and to improve Māori health outcomes.
Disabled peopleTe Whatu Ora and Te Aka Whai Ora have committed to prioritising Tāngata whaikaha | Disabled people as an equity group in Te Pae Tata Interim NZ Health Plan 2022.
Te Pae Tata Interim New Zealand Health Plan 2022The interim NZ Health Plan sets out the first two years of health system transformation to improve the health & wellbeing of all New Zealanders.